Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Out of trauma, art -- or at least, a well-designed one-inch pin


Toronto was all about the earthquake today--to be honest, I thought it was people moving furniture in the office above, and only discovered my folly when someone walked in and told us 10 minutes later that the cause was geological, not decorative. (Thank goodness no one was hurt is all I can say.) In any case, Spacing has quickly turned around a batch of pins to commemorate the big, largely unexpected event. Pins are available in blue, green, orange and pinkish-purple for $1.50 to $2 each at Swipe, Outer Layer, the Spacing office, and online.

Image of Quake pin from Spacing

4 comments:

kat said...

I had the exact same reaction as you. I saw the shelves and light stand shake thinking someone was organizing the storage next to the gallery but it was an earthquake after all.

Leah Sandals said...

Good to know I wasn't alone! But it also shows how ingrained my habits of reaction are, I find.

kb said...

Excellent. This is a must. The rest of the country, including all my friends west and east who think we get treated 'special', this is a great piece showcasing the humour that we don't take ourselves seriously around here.

Leah Sandals said...

What can I say, kb? I felt the earth move. Pretty crazy stuff.