Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vid from Madrid

So today was ARCO press preview day, and it basically hit me over the head and stunned me. There is a lot of good work here. It feels a bit "eewwwww" to say something like that on a junket, but I'm for reals. I'm trying to process it all (as well as finish taking it all in) but I thought it would be fun to post a video I took:



It's of NY-based Lithuanian artist Zilvinas Kempinas's installation "Double O". Really delightful. That's loops of video tape floating in the middle. He's going to represent Lithuania at the 2009 Venice Biennale. Brought to the fair by Vilnius's Gallery Vartai.

Also, you knew it had to happen... Hirst Hirsted by Spanish artist Eugenio Merino:







Merino calls it "4 the Love of Go(l)d". He's repped by Barcelona's ADN Galeria.

Okay. My brain is full. Away!

1 comment:

Hrag said...

Brilliant post! LOL